VSEC Levittown is a Level 1 Certified Facility by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society
VSEC Levittown has achieved the highest level of certification for Emergency & Critical Care.
In order to be designated a Level I Facility, the highest level of certification from the VECCS, hospitals must:
• Serve as a 24-hour acute care facility with the resources and specialty training necessary to provide sophisticated emergent and critical patient care
• Be open to receive small-animal emergency patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
• Employ a full-time Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care who is available for consultation either on-site or by phone 24/7
• Provide total care for every aspect of management of the small animal trauma patient, from emergency stabilization through definitive medical and surgical care and rehabilitation, on a 24/7 basis
• Have board-certified specialists available for consultation seven days per week in the fields of emergency and critical care, surgery, and radiology